It is interesting to know the history and version of Android. Android code names are currently codes like A, Aster, Blender, Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Fryo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, Kitcat and Lollipop. Let's understand Android history in a history.
1) Initially, Andy Rubin founded Android Incorporation in Palo Alto, California, United States in October, 2003.
2) In 17th August 2005, Google acquired android Incorporation. Since then, it is in the subsidiary of Google Incorporation.
3) The key employees of Android Incorporation are Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Chris White and Nick Sears.
4) Originally intended for camera but shifted to smart phones later because of low market for camera only.
5) Android is the nick name of Andy Rubin given by coworkers because of his love to robots.
6) In 2007, Google announces the development of android OS.
7) In 2008, HTC launched the first android mobile.
Android Versions, Codename and API
Let's see the android versions, codenames and API Level provided by Google.
||9 and 10
|3.1 and 3.3
||12 and 13
||Ice Cream Sandwitch
|4.1, 4.2 and 4.3
||16, 17 and 18