Java : Features of Java Language
Tutorial by: Date: 2016-04-19 02:32:17
- Java derives its syntax from C and object oriented features from C++.
- If you are good in C and C++ programming then you can learn Java easily. Hence Java is Simple.
- Java provides its own execution environment and hence do not allow any malicious program to access other parts of computer.
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM) verifies the code before execution (sandbox security).
- Java is platform independent i.e. Write Once and Run Anywhere (WORA).
- When java program is compiled a .class file (bytecode) is created. This .class file can run on any platform (linux, windows, mac). You just need JVM of that platform.
Java is called as robust because of following two features:
- Automatic Memory Management
- Automatic Exception Handling
- Java is object oriented programming language same as C++.
- It means focus on the data and methods that manipulate that data instead of taking care of procedures.
- Java supports multithreaded programming.
- It allows you to write programs that do many things simultaneously.
- Java is machine independent.
- It was made with goal “write once; run anywhere, anytime, forever”.
- Java enables the creation of cross-platform program i.e. bytecode.
- This code can be executed on any platform that has JVM.
- Java bytecode can be easily executed on any machine for very high performance by using a just-in-time (JIT) compiler.
- Java programs carry with them substantial amounts of run-time type information that is used to verify and resolve accesses to objects at run time.
- Java enables the creation of distributed applications which can be accessed on the internet.