HTML5 has a lot of new features that will change the approach in designing websites. Some of the features present in the older versions of HTML have been omitted from HTML5.
Let's take a look at the difference between HTML 4 and HTML5:
- The document type declaration in HTML5 is very All we need to do is type <!DOCTYPE html> so that the browser can recognize that we will be working with HTML5.
- Character encoding in HTML5 is far Earlier it was written in the following manner:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF- 8">
In HTML5, it is written in the following way:
- Elements such as center, frame, frameset, and noframes have been omitted from Key elements such as basefont, big, font, and blink do not exist in HTML5. All the things that have been omitted indicate that CSS will be used for styling purposes.
- New elements have been introduced in The new elements are as follows:
We will look at these new elements in detail in the next section.
- Attributes such as border, cellpadding, and nowrap to mention a few have been removed from HTML5 as their functionality can be handled better by
- Since HTML5 is used extensively for web-based applications, modifications have been made in the present APIs and new APIs have been APIs have been developed for media elements such as audio and video. Drag-and-drop APIs and elements such as canvas have been included in HTML5. Facilities such as offline data storage, are a feature of HTML5 and APIs have been developed for this purpose.
- Error handling is another feature of HTML5, which will make it easier to write valid HTML HTML5 has strict parsing rules to handle errors in the code.
Although it is still in the development stage, let's see why we should start using HTML5 right away.